Overview and Info
Veteran's Office will be Closed:
22-23 Nov 2018
24-25 Dec 2018
31 Dec 2018 - 01 Jan 2019
Retirees -- IMPORTANT!!!!
**** Dental coverage for retirees, TRDP, ENDS as of 31 Dec 2018
new Dental and Vision plans (separate plans- you don't need to enroll in both) are available through FEDVIP. There are multiple companies to choose from.
Enrollment Period is from 12 Nov 2018 - 10 Dec 2018.
NOTE: If you have a preferred dental provider, ensure that provider also excepts the plan you choose before you enroll. Just because the dentist was a TRDP provider, dose not mean that the provider will be in-network with the new Delta Dental PPO
Non- Retiree Dental Insurance: If enrolled in VA Healthcare you may Veterans Dental Insurance Program (VDIP) at a cost. Call office for details.
NEW Tricare Enrollment (All TRICARE Recipients)
Open Season (November 12 – December 10)
During Open Season, you can:
- Enroll in a new TRICARE Prime or TRICARE Select plan
- Change your Plan from one to the other
- Change your enrollment (e.g., switch from individual to family enrollment)
Call the office if you have questions
Veterans Coffee Hour
4th Wednesday of every month
Cheboygan McDonalds, 9-10Am
Camp Lejeune from August 1, 1953 through December 31, 1987 (30 days within these dates)
See Flyer Below
VA has established a presumptive service connection for Veterans, Reservists, and National Guard members exposed to contaminants in the water supply who later developed one of the following eight diseases: Adult leukemia; Aplastic anemia and other myelodysplastic syndromes; Bladder cancer; Kidney cancer; Liver cancer; Multiple myeloma; Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma; Parkinson's disease
New Ship categories for Agent Orange: http://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/claims-postservice-agent_orange.asp
To assist veterans and their families in obtaining any and all county, state and federal benefits to which they are entitled, with utmost courtesy, compassion, confidentiality and respect.
Assistance Provided for:
- Service Connected Compensation
- Non-Service Connected Pension
- VA Health Care Enrollment
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
- Life Insurance Services
- GI Insurance Benefits
- Dependents and Survivors Benefits
- Widows Pension
- Burial Benefits
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation
- Housebound Aid and Attendance Services
- VA Civilian Health and Medical Program CHAMPVA
- Limited, emergent financial assistance to qualified veterans and their immediate families
- Assistance with debt management center issues
- Educational Benefits
- Certificates of Eligibility for Home Loans
- Commissary and Exchange Privileges
- Correction of Military Records
- Application for Medals and Military Records
- DD214 (Military Discharge)
- Automobile and Special Adaptive Equipment
VETERANS SUICIDE PREVENTION HOTLINE:
Helpful Veterans Websites:
US Department of Veteran Affairs
Michigan Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
US Department of Defense
8:00am to 4:00pm
Veterans are seen by either WALK-IN or can make an APPOINTMENT if time is a factor.
Check for holiday availability.